Tuesday, August 31, 2010

busy days & a red headband

Lunch date at Leilani's
Erik had been working a lot and so we
went in to see him during his manager shift.
Kalia loves her red headband from her Snow White
outfit and so see if you can find all the places
it's been lately.

Maya at the Mall Playground.
Actually Kalia wore the headband this day too,
but I already had so many photos up...

Volcom Contest at Lahaina Harbor
Kalia watching the skateboarders
in between Alana & Tanner's heats.

Maya in Alana's glasses -
while she surfed, I had to apologize
for the sticky fingerprints after.

Girls enjoying their nectarines.


With Uncle Greg
waiting for the results.

Reading

Kalia was kind enough to give Maya her first baby
with diaper changing set. Maya loves, loves to change
her "poo poo diapey". "Uh oh, poo poo" "Diapey?"
We change it about 4 times in a row!

Trying desperately to get the girls on similar schedules,
so we've been waking Kalia up.
Maya can't wait to see her and when I tell
her finally we can go get "sissy".
She goes up to her door and knocks and says, "knock, knock".
Then she wanted to go on the bed and lay on her tummy.
Kalia just waking up.

Maya at the park.
She is getting brave, I turn around
and she is half way up the bar climbing area!

Kalia at the park.

Morning with Daddy,
watching a show.

Maya has gotten quite good at this Dora ATV,
although still working on steering!

Sunflower Plants from Auntie Kim!

Riding bikes.

Walking down the trail to Windmills.

Kalia checking out the little cave.

Cave Girls

Kalia the rock climber.
I would literally turn around and
she would be sitting on top of a huge boulder!

Erik fishing - he caught a Papio!

More rock climbing - she is really getting
adventurous, almost giving me a heart attack!

Maya in thelittle tree root house.
Gosh I love Windmills!



It's really magical at Windmills,
great shelling, caves & watching the kite surfers.
It's definitely windy and the sand isn't perfectly
smooth- but that's where you find all the treasure.



Monday night Uncle Greg, Alana & Mark
came over and after our game of
Apples to Apples, Kalia did some
spoon tricks for us.

Oh gosh, where do I start...school is going well for Kalia. I've heard her ask somebody "do you want to play with me" a couple of times when I'm leaving school. I just think that's so cute and so good for her and so brave. She's just my shy one and I love to hear her being such a brave, independent girl. Of course this is all before Scarlett gets there... The other day I asked Celia (Scarlett's mom) to ask Scarlett if Kalia took a nap (Kalia can never tell me, she honestly has no idea). Scarlett said that she was awake and when Celia asked her how she knew, she said "because we were looking at each other".

Here's some new Maya phrases, "I'm hungry, Mommy" - while she is rummaging through my bag, helping herself to any snacks. Or she says, "I want snacks". She told Kalia the other night when Kalia was still in the bath "Momo, one minute"- exactly like I sometimes do. We call Kalia - Kalia Mo (Morgan) and sometimes just Momo and I always give her the one minute warning to get out of the tub. Yesterday Maya said, "Helpy me" when she was trying to get into her baby stroller. Then when she was all situated she said, "I'm ready". She wanted me to push her in the stroller.

More later...monkey is about.

No comments: